Tags: 

• boycehaveman843
    Participant

<br> It was, in part, a response to Burry musing on Twitter about actually going short on bitcoin – that is, making a real-life financial bet that it will go down, rather than just talking about it. In any case, it’s interesting to see what tomorrow will bring and if the market will continue on its choppy path. I see tweets about it, I see reviewers commenting on it, I see Stack Exchange questions about it. For example, at least in Eclair and in Core Lightning (CLN), whenever you read an invoice and see some route hints in there between a pair of nodes, you use those channels in priority regardless of whether you have other channels to reach that destination between the – to reach that – well, no, I don’t remember. So, it turns out that we have constants for some numbers in Bitcoin script, and there are single-byte opcodes that can express these constants. So, there’s been a lot of eyeballs on it, so looking forward to that coming out. But there’s also this technique that Christian Decker mentioned in his answer to this question on the Stack Exchange, which is route boost, which means that I can also provide some sort of hints about channels that I’m aware of that have adequate capacity for the payment that I wish to receive. Patches for master and 0.16 branches were submitted for public review yesterday, the 0.16.3 release has been tagged containing the patch, and binaries will be available for download as soon as a sufficient number of well-known contributors have reproduced the deterministic build-probably later today (Tuesday). One can slash time-to-market considerably with the help of white-label crypto exchange software, which will take just 6-8 weeks to develop a feature-rich crypto exchange platform. The need for miners, crypto algorithms, and huge amounts of decentralized computing power leads to a secure system, but a slow one. Payments utilizing Bitcoin can be made without the need for personal credentials to be associated with the transaction. DROP to remove the stack element in order to not fail the transaction validation.
    If the new opcode, for example, removed an element of the stack, nodes that followed the new rules per the soft fork, well, in that case hard fork, would have a different stack after executing the opcode than old nodes, because old nodes would not interact with the stack at all. So, yeah, it’s just because we can express the number 0 through 16 with a single byte, and that’s why we have 17 native segwit versions defined in, I think it’s BIP141, yeah. And, Murch, you asked and answered this question, and in your question you noted that usually decisions, like determining the ranges of values for something, involves binary powers of 2, which would point to something like 16 segwit versions or 32 segwit versions, but we have 17 segwit versions. And now with taproot, we also have a v1 witness program, which is also 32 bytes. It now mines about five per cent of all block<br>/p>
    Now the question becomes: Why would you ever want to save information in this way? 06:00 Diego Zuluaga: So, even if you take price as a reflection of what is the business proposition behind this, at least to some extent, I think one needs to be cautious, because, as George explained, the primary purpose for which right now this is useful is for payments, and to the extent that this would be adopted as a more widely accepted medium of exchange, that itself is related to the stability of price in terms of the purchases that people want to make, so, that in itself, the volatility of the Bitcoin price is in itself a bit of a hurdle. NOT, which would turn a 0 into a 1. But generally, you would want to – well, you have to handle that 0 element on the stack one way or another. Murch, I’m sure you have something to add navigate here, but is that the gist of it? Murch, I’m sure you dug through that and you have thoughts on his answer and the question <br>rally?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.